I’ve noticed this prior but never opened the console.  Chrome on Mac and FF on
Mac don’t have this problem IF you don’t run it out to the right margin.

Basically, if the cursor goes from crosshair to vertical beam, it doesn’t do
anything.  If you approach the side of the graph and keep it as an arrow (not
cross over the graph edge) it works.

Is that the case for you?

EKG