----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: server restart necessary?

[snip]
> Your test case class (the one that extends ServletTestCase or JspTestCase)
> is instanciated (class.forName().newInstance()) once on the client side
> (where the beginXXX() and endXXX() methods are executed) and once on the
> server side, by the Redirector (be it the ServletRedirector or the JSP
> Redirector), where the testXXX() method is executed.
>

> -Vincent
>

> To clarify: By ServletRedirector do you mean
> org.apache.commons.cactus.ServletTestRedirector
> and what class represents the JSPRedirector -
> org.apache.commons.cactus.JSPTestCaller?

Servlet Redirector = org.apache.commons.cactus.ServletTestRedirector
JSP Redirector = redirector.jsp
Filter Redirector (to come)  =
org.apache.commons.cactus.FilterTestRedirector

However I have also made some refactoring changes in CVS for Cactus 1.2 and
there is also now a JspTestRedirector class so that we have a symmetry :)

> PS - Regarding the ServletRedirector calling the testXXX methods of
> ServletTestCase on the server side, I'm still not sure why the servlet
> container needs to reload the servlet being tested (or the
ServletTestCase)
> in order for the ServletRedirector to recognize a recompiled servlet.
> Doesn't the ServletRedirector call the TestCase.testXXX directly?  Not
sure
> what I'm missing.

I don't undestand what you are saying ... :-)

If the servlet under test is modified, it is normal it will be reloaded when
accessed, right ?
Yes, the ServletRedirector call the TestCase.testXXX directly but testXXX
calls the servlet under test.

-Vincent