From: Vincent Massol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 May 2002 11:26
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: How to pass parameters to a Cactus Test Case

Hi Marc,

Good question. Several solutions that comes to mind :

1/ In beginXXX() send the parameter using and WebRequest.addParameter()
and get it on the server side by calling request.getParameter() (in your
setUp() for example). Agreed this is not nice as it modified your test
case

2/ In Cactus 1.4dev every property defined in Cactus.properties is
exposed as a Java System property. Thus you can add your own properties
there and get them in your code using System.getProperty(). You'll have
to put it in both cactus.properties (client side and server side) though
(you can copy the same file to both locations).

Would that do for you ?

-Vincent

configurations.
> To fix ideas, this test accesses a database and I would like to use
this
> same test when my database is SQLServer or Oracle.
>
> In my application, the database to use is defined by a configuration
file.
> An easy to use method would be to give the file name as a command line
> argument of the test runner, and call the same test with different
> parameter
> in my Makefile/Ant but :
> - this should be given both to the test runner and of the web server
> - I already pass an argument (my server root path) as a System
property
> (using -DrootPath=...), and I expect other tests to need such
"runtime"
> argument.
> - It would be simpler to have such parameter defined in the
Makefile/Ant,