Hi Mike,

Glad you liked it :-)

> Using Tomcat is out of the question as I'm interested purely in testing
> EJBs, but at this point I'm considering switching backwards to
> JBoss3 :|.
>
> That's correct, I'm using ServletTestRunner to start the tests. I've
> compiled the Quickstart app with 1.3 servlet.jar, and... I've copied all
> of the cactus jars in the WEB-INF/libs (just to be on the "safe" side,
> but I doubt this is proper practise).
>
> Here is the fool stack trace as reported by HTTP 500:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
> org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner or a class it depends
> on

[snip]

> root cause
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner

[snip]

> The error reported is different from the one I got before copying all of
> the cactus libs to WEB-INF/lib,
> it can at least find HttpServlet! ;)
>
> Any ideas? Merci,

Classloaders are the hardest thing to understand and I believe you have a
classloader issue here. Am I right in thinking that you have a cactus jar in
your System classpath or in jboss somewhere? If so, remove the cactus jar
from all CPs and make sure that the only place it is put is in WEB-INF/lib
of your webapp.

Try that and it should work.

-Vincent