From: Romain Thouvenin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: jeudi 4 août 2005 11:46
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Re: bug with double instance ?

Yes this sample show exactly what I want to do and what I did.
I found why the begin method wasn't called, it was declared protected !
I'm sorry to be so stupid...
Now the stuff with HTTP parameter works, but another result of my
stupidity hit me...
The static class where I'm storing informations about tests is not
shared with the server JVM : I can't access it in the setUp method.
My key in the request is therefore useless...
Should I commit suicide ?

Anyway, thank you a lot for all the help you provided.
Cactus is very useful for my current project, and I'm planning to join
the dev team in one or two month, after my course. So you should see me
again in cactus-dev list :)
Now I'm going to search another solution to my problem, and if don't
find one, going to add some code to Cactus to improve double
instanciating...

Yes, double instantiation is an issue we've been aware of since a long time
ago. One issue is that it prevents data-driven testig. See this thread
http://tinyurl.com/cfj2z

We'd like to fix it but no committer has found the time nor the itch to do
it... :-)

Feel free to tackle it if you're interested!

Thanks
-Vincent