Cactusizers:

I'm trying to get the StrutsTest sample from
http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/ working, in NetBeans, with the
CactusStrutsTestCase. After upgrading the project to use that jar,
filling in a bunch of other jars, and tweaking cactus.properties, I
get this familiar error message:

testSuccessfulLogin(TestLoginAction)org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException:
Failed to get the test results at
[http://localhost:8084/StrutsTest//ServletRedirector]

So Google soon leads me to its FAQ:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/faq.html#faq_failed_to_get_test_results

Which tells me to turn on logging using this simple technique:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/manual/howto_config.html#logging

That seems to be saying to write log4j.properties files, with all that
stuff in them.

Then it doesn't say where to put the files. I use the Tomcat bundled
with NetBeans, and there is another Tomcat available.

Please don't just say "on the class path". Where do those files go? or
is there a /reliable/ way to turn logging on from inside the test
case?

--
  Phlip
  http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!