Hi Chris,

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:30:46 -0800,
"Chris Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
cfellows> Having issues getting the initial connection test to hit the correct
cfellows> context. I define contextURL=http://localhost:18080/test2, but it will
cfellows> keep trying to connect to http://localhost:18080/test1. The name of
the
cfellows> test war file is test1.war.  I have not found anything similar to this
cfellows> from searches and archives. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried
cfellows> setting the contextURL all 3 ways (jvm arg, classpath, system
property)
cfellows> and none of them works. It seems that no matter what settings and
task I
cfellows> use, cactus will still use the name of the war file for the context.

AFAIK, cactus ant-task doesn't use contextURL system property,
but uses war archive filename instead.

cfellows> Relevant part of build.xml:
cfellows>                         <cactus warfile="${test.war}" fork="yes"
[snip]
cfellows>                                                 <jboss3x

According to the source code (CactusTest), a hook to override the context
is provided for specific containers such as jboss3x.
jboss3x's implementation seems trying to override the context
by using <context-root> element of jboss-web.xml, however,
I don't think it will work.

If you are using war archive, I can send you a patch against
src-distribution of Cactus-1.7.1. Will you try that?
# It may have some side-effects because I cannot test the patch, though.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI