Thank you for your interest. Let's say that I have a base class that is used
for regular (not in container) test cases. Call this MyBaseTestCase. I have
other test classes that extend this base class. The base class provides
services that I need and the current design uses inheritance. For example,
it uses a template pattern approach to enforce that some metadata is
available. So we have:

public class TestCase03 extends MyBaseTestCase {
... }

Now I want to add in container testing using Cactus. I could do:

public class TestCase04 extends ServletTestCase {
... }

but I don't want to because of the existing hierarchy I have.

So I tried:

public class TestCase04 extends MyBaseTestCase implements CactusTestCase {
...}

and delegated to an instance of ServletTestCase for the implementation of
the CactusTestCase interface. That did not work however. To check things
out, I created my own class MyCactusBaseTestCase that looks very much like
ServletTestCase but it extends MyBaseTestCase. This works, but I would
prefer to not rely on the source code of ServletTestCase.

I hope that clarifies things a bit and thanks for your help.

-- Jay