Hi Paul,

I think it would be very simple if you just replace the zipurlinstaller
(which downloads and installs zips)
withe a home parameter of the cargo task - just like in:

            <containerset>
                <cargo containerId="${jboss.container.id}"
output="${logs.dir}/output.log" log="${logs.dir}/cargo.log"
home="${jboss.home}">
                    <!--zipUrlInstaller
            installUrl="
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jboss/jboss-4.0.2.zip";
            installDir="target/${jboss.container.id}"/-->
                    <configuration>
                        <property name="cargo.servlet.port"
value="${cargo.servlet.port}"/>
                        <property name="cargo.logging"
value="${cargo.logging}"/>
                        <deployable type="${cactus.sample.archive.type}"
file="${cactified.ejb.archive.name}"/>
                    </configuration>
                </cargo>
            </containerset>

You see the zipurlinstaller is commented out and I have set the home
parameter on the cargo task, where you should specify
the home of your container.

HTH, Petar.

2008/8/22, Paul Kiruvanayagam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi all
>
> please can someone tell me how to run tests in cactus against an EXISTING
> tomcat4x server using ant.  I am running
>
> cactus 1.80
> ivy 2.0
> ant 1.71.
> I have been exasperated in getting to the point where it works by creating
> a new build of tomcat using cargo ???  Sorry if I appear lazy but what I am
> looking for is a sample of how the ant task should look for an existing
> server with the above software configuration.   I have tried using the
> tomcat4x task but now it seems I need to learn how cargo should be
> configured (when the site contains no useful examples) when I really am only
> interested in using Cactus !!!
>
> I really am only a user and I cannot believe how long it has taken to get
> to this point due to the seemingly maze of (undocumented) dependencies on
> beta looking projects that have been put into cactus examples/samples.  I am
> sure I am not the only person encountering these frustrations.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Paul

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.
- - - - - - - -
| Author @ Manning Publications.
| Technical Consultant @ HP
| BGJUG-Bulgarian Java User Group Leader.
| Apache Jakarta PMC member.
| Jakarta Cactus Lead Developer.
| Blogger: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/paranoiabla/
Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611