Hi Nicole,

I think you misunderstand the purpose of Cactus.
Your test will always be executed in the server side.
This means that the testXXX methods are executed on the
server side. You can, however, execute two methods - beginXXX and endXXX
on the client side. This means the execution flow would be this:

beginXXX()  - >client side

startUp() -> serverside
testXXX() -> serverside
tearDown() ->serverside

endXXX() -> client side.

If you see the documentation of the WebRequest (the one you use in
beginXXX methods) there is no set-up for a caller principal. You can,
however
setup an Authentication object.

HTH, Petar.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.
| Author @ Manning Publications.
| Senior Solution Architect @ Unic
| BGJUG-Bulgarian Java User Group Leader.
| Apache Jakarta PMC member.
| Jakarta Cactus Lead Developer.
| Blogger: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/paranoiabla/
Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611