Sorry, I have one more question before I can get my cactus tests running. I've
cactified my war file and am trying to run the tests using the 'cactus' ant
task ( cactus 1.8.1 ). But I can't start the container (fig. 1) due to a parse
error in the merged cactus/web.xml file (fig. 2). I've tried using the i)
'webxmlmerge' target and the ii) 'mergewebxml' attribute on the cactifywar
target (just duplicates 'ServletRedirector' mapping). When cactifying my
web.xml file, the 'ServletRedirector' generated file has a servlet mapping
before the declaration (fig. 3). In fact, I think that in the cactified web.xml
file, if the 'ServlerRedirector' declaration came before the mapping, then all
would be fine. But I can't seem to find the switch for making that happen. Or
maybe I'm missing something obvious when cactifying and running my tests. Has
anyone gotten past this before?

org.apache.cactus.integration.api.exceptions.CactusRuntimeException: Failed to
start the container after more than [180000] ms. Trying to connect to the
[http://localhost:8080/bookkeeping-cactus/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST]
 test URL yielded a [-1] error code. Please run in debug mode for more details
about the error.
at
org.apache.cactus.container.ContainerRunner.startUpContainer(ContainerRunner.java:157)
at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask.executeInContainer(CactusTask.java:459)
at org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask.execute(CactusTask.java:206)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
fig. 1

SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml file at
jndi:/localhost/bookkeeping-cactus/WEB-INF/web.xml
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Servlet mapping specifies an unknown
servlet name ServletRedirector
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2726)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2752)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1061)
fig. 2

<web-app>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
fig. 3

Thanks in advance
Tim