OK, so I got Tomcat 5.5.31, copied all the Cactus JARs to Tomcat's
common/lib directory, then followed the tutorial instructions. I set up a
web app as directed, with the following directory structure under webapps:

├──test
│  └──WEB_INF
│     └──classes

The classes directory has:

SampleServlet.class      TestSampleServlet.class

However, when I try to browse to
http://localhost:8080/test/ServletTestRunner?suite=TestSampleServlet, I
get this error. Is there something else I need to do in order to enable
Tomcat to find the class? Should the class be in a different place than
the test/WEB-INF/classes directory?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report
message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to load test suite
[TestSampleServlet], Reason is [Class not found "TestSampleServlet"]

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.run(ServletTestRunner.java:303)

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet_aroundBody0(ServletTestRunner.java:187)

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet_aroundBody1$advice(ServletTestRunner.java:225)

org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunner.java:1)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

Jim Babka
Senior S/W Engineer and Team Lead, Context Aware Dynamic Selection
(512)286-5195, tie line 363-5195
ba...@us.ibm.com