Von: Juan Jose Aragones Guillen [mailto:jarago...@kana.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2011 12:36
An: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Using cactus with maven

Hello,
I know cactus have been moved to the Attic but my supervisor has given me the
job to make he project work using this plugin with maven 3.0.3.
We are using Jenkins for CI and the idea is to run cactus from there (we
already run junit tests as it's possible to invoke top-level maven targets just
writing the goals).
Right now I'm testing cactus with the project in which we run the junit tests
(no worries, several VM's and snapshots -and not touching the base project-
just in case I screw something). But here are several thing I don't really
understand. I'll only write some questions and, if I get any feedback will go
on with the questions:
- I'm using "mvn cactus:cactifyear" as the idea is to create an EAR and get it
deployed in Websphere using WAS6 plugin for maven. The thing is I don't really
understand what does cactifyear do or how it works. I have no idea what to use
as srcfile. Here you have what I have in my pom.xml:
<project>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.cactus</groupId>
          <artifactId>cactus.integration.maven2</artifactId>
          <version>1.8.1</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <build>
        <pluginManagement>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.cactus</groupId>
                <artifactId>cactus.integration.maven2</artifactId>
                <version>1.8.1</version>
                <configuration>
                   <srcFile>/PATH/TO/FILE/file.ear</srcFile>
                   <desttFile>cactifiedByMaven2.ear</destFile>
                   <cactusWar>
                       <context>/</context>
                       <version>2.3</version>
                   </cactusWar>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                      <id>cactus-cactifyear</id>
                       <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                       <goals>
                          <goal>cactifyear</goal>
                       </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </pluginManagement>
    </build>
</project>

For what is the /PATH/TO/FILE/file.ear used? I tried with one EAR in my project
and got one cactifiedByMaven2.ear in each of the modules of my project plus one
cactifiedByMaven2.ear and one empty folder named cactusAND_A_NUMBER.dir for
each module in the project root directory. The output while running was
something like this:
[INFO] Building application1 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- cactus.integration.maven2:1.8.1:cactifyear (default-cli) @
my.company.application1 ---
[info] Adding: aspectjrt-1.5.3.jar
[info] Adding: cactus.core.framework.uberjar.javaEE.14-1.8.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-logging-1.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
[info] Adding: junit-3.8.2.jar
[INFO] Building war:
/PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactus892519517cactus.war
[INFO] Building ear: /PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactifiedByMaven2.ear
[INFO]
[INFO] Building application2 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- cactus.integration.maven2:1.8.1:cactifyear (default-cli) @
com.kana.sem.applications2 ---
[info] Adding: aspectjrt-1.5.3.jar
[info] Adding: cactus.core.framework.uberjar.javaEE.14-1.8.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-logging-1.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
[info] Adding: junit-3.8.2.jar
[INFO] Building war:
/PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactus892519517cactus.war
[INFO] Building ear: /PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactifiedByMaven2.ear
[INFO]
[INFO] Building application3 1.0-SNAPSHOT

The srcfile is like a schema to create an EAR for each module?

Thanks,
 JUAN JOSÉ ARAGONÉS

[Lagan]<http://www.lagan.com/>BUILD'N'RELEASE ENGINEER

e : jarago...@kana.com<mailto:jarago...@kana.com>

EMEA Headquarters
209 Airport Road West
Belfast, Northern Ireland BT3 9EZ

SOLUTIONS<http://www.lagan.com/our-solutions.aspx> | CASE
STUDIES<http://www.lagan.com/resource-library.aspx> |
KANA.COM<http://www.kana.com/home/home.php> | LAGAN.COM<http://www.lagan.com/>

[cid:image002.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.lagan.com/rss/feeds.aspx>

[cid:image003.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/Lagan-Technologies/174507632593437>

[cid:image004.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.twitter.com/lagan_business>

[cid:image005.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/lagan-technologies>

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject
to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is
strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately