Hello Aaack,

About the second crash, it should be fixed on BZR!

(@fabounet: I think we have to add a special case for 'cairo-dock -m' =>
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team/cairo-dock-core/cairo-
dock/revision/1811?start_revid=1811 )

About the first crash, it seems it's not so simple...
@Aaack: Which version of the dock did you use just before this one? Did you
used the development version? (e.g. from our Weekly PPA)
Can you also give us all output messages produced by this command?

    $ grep -rn "\[Rainbow\]" ~/.config/cairo-dock/current_theme/plug-
ins/rendering/rendering.conf -A 22

@fabounet: any idea? :-)
Why iNbRows == -1 in this case? Is is possible that some values in pDock or in
myIconsParam structures are not yet defined when calling _cairo_dock_hide for
the first time?

    int iNbRows = round ((pDock->iMaxDockHeight - iMinRadius) /
((pDock->iMaxIconHeight + my_iSpaceBetweenRows) * fMaxScale));

(here iMinRadius = 115)

And iMaxDockHeight is defined before:

        double fMaxScale =  1. + my_fRainbowMagnitude * myIconsParam.fAmplitude;
        int iMaxIconWidth = pDock->iMaxIconHeight + my_iSpaceBetweenIcons;
        double fCone = G_PI - 2 * my_fRainbowConeOffset;
        int iNbIcons = g_list_length (pDock->icons);
        int iMinRadius = MIN (my_iRainbowNbIconsMin, iNbIcons) * iMaxIconWidth
* fMaxScale / fCone;

        int iNbRows = (int) ceil (sqrt (2 * iNbIcons / fCone / fMaxScale) +
.5);  /// approximation, use complete formula

        pDock->iMaxDockHeight = iNbRows * (pDock->iMaxIconHeight +
my_iSpaceBetweenRows) * fMaxScale + iMinRadius;

** Changed in: cairo-dock-core
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Fabounet (fabounet03)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Cairo-
Dock Devs, which is subscribed to Cairo-Dock Core.

Title:
  Cairo-Dock 3.3.99-rc1: crash at startup

Status in Cairo-Dock : Core:
  New

Bug description:
  Hey guys!

  Welp, today I had a bunch of upgrades for my computer, so I went ahead
  and upgraded them.  Since it was a while since the last reboot and
  there was a ton of X-sever updates I decided to go ahead and just
  reboot my computer.

  Cario-dock never ran again, however my startup apps did, so I used one
  to open a terminal and run cairo dock from the terminal.

  Not sure what happened really, any suggestion would be greatly
  appreciated.