> Hi,
>
> I have a PHPBB forum and CAKE application. phpBB is installed within a
> folder inside cake. cake and phpbb have database sessions.
>
> I am trying to unify login process so that users logging in from phpbb
> dont need to login again when coming to the cakeapp. Also, if the user
> logged in cake-app and then visits phpbb, the login should be
> maintained.
>
> But when I sign in phpbb and then goto cake app, I get a totally
> different session id. I tried setting the $_SESSION variable in phpbb
> (following another post in this group itself). However its not
> accessible in cake.

Hi there.  I understand what you're trying to do, but sessions are not
the way to do this.  What you really need is a caching system like
memcached.  Sessions can't be shared across different applications
*unless* you create your own custom session handler.  Personally, I've
used memcached for the type of thing you're talking about it and it
worked out really well.

Check out www.dango.com/memcached for more info.  There is an
extension you can compile for memcached, and I believe there are a few
memcached clients written in PHP.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard