I liked ANT until I hit some serious problems with their FTP extension (task).

The first problem I had was that it would not list invisible files like ".htaccess" and therefor
I couldn't delete folders recursively. Eventually I was able to find the part in the source code
that I had to tweak (LIST -> LIST -a), rebuild it and it worked. However, the other big issue
was that it wouldn't chmod folders but only files and those not even recursively. This sucks,
because you have to chmod the /tmp folder on most shared hosts to make things work.

But thanks for pointing out the other two, I'll check them out later on!

Best Regards,
Felix Geisendörfer

Mika schrieb:
There's always ANT, NANT and MSBUILD. They all have FTP extensions for
them.

Ant: http://ant.apache.org/ (Java)
Nant: http://nant.sourceforge.net/ (.NET)
Msbuild: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wea2sca5.aspx (.NET +
VS2005)

MSBUILD comes with Visual Studio 2005 which is great if you're using
the VS.PHP (http://www.jcxsoftware.com/vs.php) addin, otherwise you
might as well ignore it as it's not free.