I was wondering when recommending exit() became the defacto standard.
Thanks Samuel.

MrRio, that is flawed.  If you did a redirect() and then called return
false the result to stop the current action, redirect them, and NOT
delete the article is the same as exit() without the CakePHP breaking
effects.

You can confirm that return false will immediately exit the current
action at that spot, but continue on with CakePHP processing.

I know I am fighting a hard battle to make return false; for actions
the default standard and not exit();  Again, just seems bad to
recommend exit(), but make sure you know that callbacks won't work when
you could recommend return false which would work for all cases where
you want the code stopped right there in the action.

To me recommend calling action is like saying, I got my app to work by
changing the cake core files.