Im trying to write a Comment system to extend the simple blog tutorial
on CakePHP website and im currently stuck on how i would be able to
pass a few simple things between my comments_controller and my
posts_controller.

Am i right in thinking that the models/comment.php is the place where i
should have functions that use the data taken from the controllers and
edit them for use in my views?

I'll give you an example, im currently trying to do a simple count
function on my comments, which will be displayed on the posts page just
after the title.

I have created a commentCount function in models/comment.php which has
the following

function commentCount($id=NULL)
                {
                        if($id)
                        {
                                return
$this->findCount(array("post_id"=>"$id"));

Now how do i go about calling that function in my posts/view.thtml?

Thanks