Just got this error after setting up Cake on my server. I have other
sites using mod_rewrite without any issues, and I'm not familiar enough
with it to figure out what's happening myself.

I'm using a development style install for now (entire cake structure
inside my htdocs), and the default htaccess files.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

[Thu Oct 26 11:05:21 2006] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_rewrite:
maximum number of internal redirects reached. Assuming configuration
error. Use 'RewriteOptions MaxRedirects' to increase the limit if
neccessary.