Hi all,

I'm experiencing problems when using ampersands in named parameters (Cake
1.3) which is a well known mod_rewrite problem.

e.g. if I request www.mysite.com/test/search:this%26that

Apache rewrites it to:

webroot/index.php?search:this&that

That means it's not parsed correctly by CakePHP, as the ampersand in the
URL treats the query string as separate name / value pairs.

I don't want to double escape the ampersand as this results in ugly URLs.

Apache introduced a B flag to rewrite rules in version 2.2.7 which solves
the problem but it's shared hosting and they won't upgrade to that.  I also
tried the NE (no escape) rule but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone experienced the same problem and found a good solution?

Thanks,

Alex

-- 
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials 
http://tv.cakephp.org 
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others 
with their CakePHP related questions.


To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected] For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php

Reply via email to