I don't think it's possible to do that,... each Model has its own 
comments,... and there is not only Blogs and Photos, there are Groups, 
Videos, Dba, etc,... and I need to display them on Home page on first come 
first served bases,... it's kind of a Social Network site I'm rebuilding 
from 1.2 to 1.3,... thanks for typo notice,... lol 


On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:50:37 PM UTC-8, cricket wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Chris <[email protected] <javascript:>> 
> wrote: 
> > hi cricket,... 
> > the codes are simple, displaying photo comments and blog comments with 
> limit 
> > to 12 from controller, and they works when each one is called separately 
> in 
> > home page view ... I want to combine them in ONE array on first come 
> first 
> > served bases.... (some user post on Blog,... and some user post on 
> > Photo),... 
> > $i is used for how many to display in a view,... e.g. $i++ up to 12, 
> setup 
> > from controller,... 
>
> So you want to mix them together? Why not merge the two arrays and 
> sort by created then? 
>
> If they should be mixed, but have a maximum of 12 comments, what I 
> would do is create a Comment model that belongs to both Photo and Blog 
> (each of which hasMany Comment). In the comments table include columns 
> model and foreign_key. 
>
> BTW, you have a typo: __('commnets', true) 
>
> And if you're running 2.x you don't need to include the second parameter. 
>
> I still don't see where you're making use of $i in this code. 
>

-- 
Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en.


Reply via email to