Thanks Langdon - I'll look those up today. I have been searching
amongst HABTM posts in this group, but hadn't come across this one.
Strangely, it had crossed my mind as a solution, but I thought I was
getting too complicated.

Off I go,

cheers, Dan

On Mar 14, 1:27 am, Langdon Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi dan
>
> > somebody has a really easy explanation of how to deal with HABTMs with
> > extra fields...
>
> If you need extra fields in the join table, then the standard solution
> in Cake is along these lines:
>
> Table1 (hasMany JoinTable)
>
> JoinTable (belongsTo Table1 and belongsTo Table2)
>
> Table2 (hasMany Join Table)
>
> So you need a model for each of the three tables, where as with a HABTM
> association you only need models for Table1 and Table2.
>
> If you search this group you will find lots of information on this topic
> as it is a common problem.
>
> Regards,
> Langdon


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cake 
PHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to