Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tutorial! Because I use version 1.1, I used your
previous example (http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2006/11/29/
using-cakephps-native-web-service-support/). It worked just fine
(although it seems a lot easier in 1.2!), but I found a strange
particularity when I wanted to use the Post-model (var $uses =
'Post';)  to generate the feed from:

In some strange way a single space gets added before the "<?xml
version... etc." part, making the feed throw an error in FF and in
feedvalidator. I Googled for the error, and found this post about it:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/88581

It seems that the single space before the xml declaration is causing
the feed to be unreadable.

Then, of course I looked at the Post model, to see if I could find
where that space came from, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere.

Strange, isn't it? If I don't use the post model (or the comments-
model, or any other model) the feed works perfectly fine, and
validates.

Does anyone know where the space might come from?





On 14 mrt, 04:38, "dizz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just took a look, looks pretty simple. Does CakePHP have any SOAP
> functionality built in?
>
> On Mar 14, 9:58 am, "Chris Hartjes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys, with some help from Nate I just put together a little blog
> > entry on my experiences building a web service with Cake 1.2.x.x.
>
> >http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2007/03/13/how-easy-are-web-s...
>
> > (If the link above is destroyed by your mailer, just go 
> > tohttp://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboardandit will be there).
>
> > Comments and feedback always welcome, as I am a self-promoting whore
> > who loves the attention.
>
> > --
> > Chris Hartjes
>
> > My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"
>
> > rallyhat.com - digital photo scavenger hunt
> > @TheBallpark -http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
> > @TheKeyboard -http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cake 
PHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to