On Dec 20, 2007 8:55 AM, dandreta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!!
> I am searching and reading enough things on the users' access and
> permissions (OthAuth, ACL ...). The question is that I want to do the
> access to my application depending on the type of user. I have 3 types
> of users:manager, client, supplier and in the database 3 tables with
> their different information. I have a screen of login with fields
> password and user. I want that logging someone, depending on the type
> of user who is, jumps to a different screen with his corresponding
> layout and home page. I do not have clear how to do this with things
> that I have read. Do you know any link or anything where is explained
> what I want to do?

Dandreta,

I have done similar things using the Auth component in CakePHP 1.2.
Here are some links to my blog where I talk about it:

http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/?s=Auth

That will give you all the posts / tutorials where I talked about using Auth.

Hope that helps.

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard