Hi there

Most likely there are no read permissions on the cake folder and/or
its content.
Mot ftp programs allow to set permissions by making a right
click on the folder and then selecting permissions from the submenu.
If you have only shell access you can use the chmod command.

It is working fine in Windows because Windows usually does not care
about permissions.

Claudia