Hi there

You cannot make a query on a controller, only on a model.

Assuming that the model related to this controller is called Post,
you can try using $this->controller->Post->query(...)

I haven't tried this yet, but it might work.

A better idea might be to write a method in the controller that makes
the query
and returns the result. Then use this method in your component.

Claudia

Claudia