It is possible that you are missing or have not enabled properly your
.httaccess files

Paste of standard message below:

1. is mod_rewrite enabled on the server
2. are you sure
3. is AllowOverride All set on the server
4. are all the .htaccess files in place (a lot of ftp and file
transfer tools do not upload 'dot' files by default
5. does tmp folder have the right structure (a lot of ftp and file
transfer tools do not upload 'empty' folders by default
6. does the tmp folder have the right permissions
7. did you try using pretty urls (see the http://manual.cakephp.org/ )

Fix these things and you should be in good shape.  Also search the
archives this is asked about once a week

--
(the old fart) the advice is free, the lack of crankiness will cost you

- its a fine line between a real question and an idiot

http://blog.samdevore.com/archives/2007/03/05/when-open-source-bugs-me/