"I gave up in the end as I had to make so many changes"

=> The only changes that I had to make for now is to add the following
code in all my controllers :

var $components = array("Auth");

        function beforeFilter()
        {
                $this->Auth->userModel = "Utilisateur";
                $this->Auth->fields = array('username' => 'login',
'password' =>
'pass');
                $this->Auth->loginAction = array('controller' =>
'utilisateurs',
'action' => 'login');
                $this->Auth->loginError = __("Identifiant et/ou mot de
passe
incorrect", true);
        }

If there is nothing more it doesn't bother me that much. But if you
tell me there will be other problems I'd better stop now and use the
default Users controller...Can you please give me more details about
those changes ? What do you advise me to do ? I'm working on a serious
project (at the office, so not just for fun) so if it's necessary to
have a Users controller I'll make one...

Thanks !