On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Dardo Sordi Bogado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Or use counterCache.

Perhaps you could explain why counterCache is a better option than
writing a custom paginateCount() method in this case.  As far as I can
tell, to use counterCache you have to

1) add a behaviour
2) add a field to your table

Doing it the paginateCount() way, all you have to do it

1) write your own "how we count things for pagination purposes" query

I am making these assumptions based on the following link:

http://blog.matsimitsu.nl/code/163/cakephp-countercache

--
Chris Hartjes
Internet Loudmouth