So the News items should "Belong To" a user. The problem I see is that
you can't seem to define a "local key"?

My code in the News controller should look like this yeah?

var $belongsTo = array('Creator' => array(
                                                'className' => 'User',
                                                'foreignKey' => 'user_id',
                                                'localKey' => 'creator_id',
//can't seem to define this?