On Jul 10, 12:52 pm, Sir Tabs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now I think I have the feel for the process: each action that is
> called attempts, through automagic, to render the screen with it's
> particular view file. If I use Ajax to call the particular action, and
> use the 'update' option and specify a DOM item, then the action will
> render it's view code inside of this DOM item.
>
> Is this best practice? Should I be worried that I'm essentially
> inserting one view inside of another?

I think it is a fine option.  Furthermore without javascript the form
will submit to that page, and a full page will be rendered.

As far as best practice when using cake, this is a perfectly suitable
solution.  You are still keeping the separation of Models, View and
Controllers.  Furthermore you are keeping each action separate, and
focused.  Seems like a good solution to me.

-Mark