Hi all.
I have a problem that I don't really know how to solve.

The actual problem is that I want to parse the way ppl enter time in
forms, for instance i want "0600" to be 06:00:00 and 0234 to be
02:34:00 (and of course I want 07:00:00 to be valid as well). That is
the basic problem.

My solution for this was to create a behavior that I called humantime,
which would parse the data before validation and convert 0600 to
06:00:00 so that validation could parse it and MySql would be happy.
This solution works perfectly, accept for a little "glitch", in some
places I want to use the humantime version (of the data) in my
controller, because I like to do some comparison before saving the
data. I would also like to send the converted data back to the view so
that the user can see what he's time got converted to without having
to redirect the user to a page that will re-read the data.

The reason that it doesn't work at the moment (according to me) is
because the behavior gets a copy of the data array and not the actual
data.

But anyhow since I want to do this before the controller starts
working maybe a component of some sort would be a better idea?

Any suggestions (or questions :P)?