Hi,
I tried to replicate your problem by putting a form input into an
element. My form still renders as it should no problem with double
[Modename] or anything else strange.

I did not duplicate you exactly since I used a form I am writing at
the moment. But it is not significantly different.
My create line looks like this:
$form->create('Modename', array('url' => $this-
>here,'name'=>'SomeKindOfForm'));

Could you have some small spelling error somewhere that causes the
problem. Something like: $form->input(' Table.field') or something
like that?
The only other thing I ca think of to ask is if you close your form?
$form->end() It should not affect your problem but you never know.

/Martin