* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Easy Pineapple Cake - allrecipes

Recipe By     :Catherine Dallas
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : !! Boy Do These Look Good       !! Church Baking
                 Cakes                           Cookies - Bar W/Fruit

   2               cups  all-purpose flour
   2               cups  white sugar
   2                     eggs
   2          teaspoons  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   1                can  crushed pineapple with juice -- (20 ounce)
   1            package  cream cheese -- (8 ounce)
      1/2           cup  butter
   1 1/2           cups  confectioners' sugar
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract

1 - 9x13 inch pan
PREP TIME  30 Min
COOK TIME  1 Hr
READY IN  1 Hr 30 Min

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking soda. Make
a well in the center and add the eggs, vanilla and crushed pineapple,
with liquid from can. Mix well to blend.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.

To make the frosting: in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter,
confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Beat until creamy.
Spread on warm cake.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 219
Total Fat: 7.6g
Cholesterol: 38mg
Sodium: 178mg
Total Carbs: 36.1g
     Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
Protein: 2.4g

REVIEW
This cake was AWESOME. Incredibly moist and great flavor. A previous
review stated a cake needs oil, which I agree, so I added 1/4 cup of
vegetable oil and it turned out great. I reserved a small portion of
the crushed pineapples and added it to the frosting along with
coconut flakes. Everything was perfect. My family and Fiance loved
it. I will make this cake again...

ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!! Easy to make, and wonderfully moist. I make
coconut icing to top it off. And the cake dissappears within the
afternoon of baking.

Quick, easy & ohh so good! In the summer I keep it chilled in the
fridge for a cool summer dessert.

Wonderful! I didn't have crushed pineapples but rings instead.. so I
crushed those up myself. I reserved about 1/4 cup of the juice, which
I originally planned to add to the frosting but found that the
frosting was perfect as is. Instead I brushed it over my cake with a
pastry brush after baking. I found that my cake was done sooner than
the recipe stated... I took it out as soon as it turned a dark
brownish color on top, which scared me at first as I thought it had
burned a bit but it was perfect! The cream cheese frosting & texture
of the cake reminded us a lot of carrot cake. It was absolutely
fabulous & will definitely make this one again!

This cake is fabulous!!! I can't comment on the cream cheese
frosting, as I made my own, but the cake turned out wonderful. All I
had was a can of sliced pineapple rings, so I crushed them by hand
and drained enough juice so it was the consistancy of a can of
crushed. The cake doesn't rise as much as other cakes but it looks
and tastes fine, and as for those who said it was hard you must have
overcooked it - this recipe yielded a very nice, moist cake that
would be fine even without frosting. Thanks!

This Pineapple Cake is the best I've ever had.

I've been making this cake since I was a girl. Everyone always loves
it! It's so moist and chewy. The cream cheese icing is what makes it
"killer". Beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 8 ounces softened
cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup 10x sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Spread over
cooled cake and watch it fly outta the pan!

this has been one of my favorites for almost my entire life. To add a
little something else to the frosting, reserve 1/4 C. of pineapple
(draining as much juice as possible into the cake) and mix in before
you frost. This cake never lasts around my house!

Delicious! Others are right in saying that it's very moist and even
'gooey', but that's what I LIKE in a cake! It took only a couple of
minutes to prepare. I also just made my own simple white icing
instead of the cream cheese stuff (as I find that cream cheese costs
an arm and a leg) and it was awesome.

I was going to post this recipe myself. It's one of my favorite cakes
to make. It literally takes minutes to throw together the
ingredients. I use 15 oz of pineapple, though. I also don't add the
vanilla extract to the cake itself. It's up to you. Maybe the cake
wouldn't be flat if you cut the pineapple amount to 15 oz? I have
never used a full 20 oz can. I also use 1 cup of powdered sugar for
my icing. Again, it's up to you. It's a dense cake that goes great in
the winter months with a cup of coffee.

great recipe. very moist and delicious. a favorite among my family and friends.

This recipe has no oil in it, which is the reason for the "tough,
chewy, bar-like texture" and the no-rise problems that the other
reviewers talk about. A cake usually needs some fat (more than what's
just in the eggs) to provide moisture, flavor, and stability to the
cake structure. Fat is an essential part of any cake. I wonder if the
author simply forgot to add the oil to the recipe?

I have been making this cake for a long time now, but lost the recipe
and am thankful it was on
This was a quick and easy recipe. It is more like a bar than a cake.
It also is very good and moist.

My husband does not like sweets but he loves this cake I usually add
a couple tsp. of cinnamon and 1 cup of chopped walnuts and then i
sprinke the top with more chopped nuts it is a hit at our house every
time I make it. I don't know what everyone else is doing wrong but
mine comes out perfect every time thank you Cathrine

This was really gooey, more like pineapple bars than cake, but it was
very delicious. The frosting was great!

   "A very easy pineapple cake with a cream cheese frosting."
Source:
   "http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Pineapple-Cake/Detail.aspx";
S(formatted by Deirdre Dee):
   ""
                                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2706 Calories; 185g Fat (61.8%
calories from fat); 57g Protein; 200g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber;
927mg Cholesterol; 4284mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 12 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4
Lean Meat; 34 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

You can't prevent Trouble from coming to visit, but you don't have to
offer it a chair.

Deirdre Dee (zosha)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional