Apple Pudding Cake
    <http://www.oasisnewsfeatures.com/apple-pudding-cake/>

This is a deliciously moist cake recipe that comes from our upcoming
book, Amish Cooks Across America. Thanks recipe tester Jennie for this
beautiful test run of it. Doesn't it look yummy? A lot of the apple
recipes in the book come from Lyndonville, New York, a New Order Amish
community that really has an abundance of apples. Here is the recipe. As
you can see the tester used raisins in it, I'm not a raisin fan, so I'd
make it without:)

Enjoy!

<http://www.oasisnewsfeatures.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/apple.jpg>

2 eggs, beaten

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil

3 cups flour

2 cups sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

3 cups diced apples (any type of apple will work fine, but slightly
tarter apples will lend more flavor to the cake)

1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and a flour a 13 x 9 inch pan
and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, flour, sugar, salt, baking
soda, and cinnamon until well blended. Add the apples and the raisins.
The batter will be extremely tough, more like kneaded bread dough
thancake batter, and it will be necessary to forcefully push the apples
and raisins into the dough to fully incorporate them. Turn the dough
into the pan and spread it into the corners of the pan and make sure the
top is roughly level.

Bake for 1 hour until the top is golden brown and the edges are firm.
The cake can be served immediately or after cooling and is good plain or
with vanilla ice cream

Source: oasisnewsfeatures.com
<http://www.oasisnewsfeatures.com/apple-pudding-cake/>

*Ginny Butterfield