On 14/09/16 21:48, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

Whilst in this section of the LuCi GUI, I noticed "Which linklayer
adaptation mechanism to use; for testing only", has a "cake" option?
Should this be enabled?

Yes it should be enabled.

This really depends... Tc's stab (size table) method really is not so bad as
long as you do not need to account for ATM cells; cake' s in build overhead
accounting is not necessarily better for non-atm links. That said it is still
on my to-do list to switch sqm-scripts to use cake' native method as the
default if cake is used. But since the default to stab seems to work just as
well and is rather universal (and cake' s whole overhead handling is massively
under-documented) I never really got around to implement this...

I prefer to keep all the manipulation in one module....I'd like to think it more cpu and cache efficient. Whether cake's add/mul/div calculation in the case of atm framing as faster than stab's memory table & potential cache miss is one for the clever people.

Best Regards
        Sebastian

Kevin