> On Feb 16, 2017, at 12:03 AM, Dave Täht <d...@taht.net> wrote:
>
> What I'd done in cerowrt was disable the internal mac80211 QoS
> classifier entirely. (-1 line of code). Another way to do it is to apply
> an iptables rule to wash away all diffserv markings, but I don't care
> for that answer.
>
> try as I might I cannot remember if this was even possible in hostapd or
> in the mac layer any other way. I'll look this week.

Aha, so since I’m only doing the rrul_be test for now, this won’t matter anyway
right? I suppose somewhere diffserv markings are mapped to WMM access
categories.

It looks like AirOS has its own mappings:
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205231750-airMAX-How-is-QoS-and-prioritization-handled-by-airMAX-

<https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205231750-airMAX-How-is-QoS-and-prioritization-handled-by-airMAX->

and there doesn’t look like a practical way to disable it in their UI. So
still, for now, disabling WMM is something I can only do in testing.

It looks like FreeNet doesn’t touch diffserv markings in their QoS config,
which means they leave it up to AirOS’s mappings above. This always makes me
wonder what’s to keep someone from just marking all their traffic 0x7 and
stomping over everyone else.

Thanks,
Pete