> On Mar 7, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Dave Taht <dave.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For those that haven't been tracking https://www.facebook.com/dtaht -
>
> I bought an old 35' sailboat in the santa cruz, ca, harbor in December
> for 1 BTC. I figured living aboard would be cheaper than california
> rents, by far, and I'd be able to still work online a mile from shore,
> after adding solar panels, etc.
>
> So far neither is true, and I've sunk more energy, time and money into
> making her shipshape than I'd ever imagined. Yes, it's a nice break
> from fixing the internet. Yes, yes, she's called the Bufferboat, at
> least tenatively - although it's federally registered as the Defiance.
> She sleeps six. If anyone wants a ride or be crew in the next year...
> let me know separately.
>
> I'm increasingly unsure if the live-aboard-and-code idea is going to
> work out. I might need a bigger boat, and crew. ;)

Awesome! I just figured that was for a trip, not a home office. :) I don’t
facebook, so thanks for the update. Fortune favors the crazy (I saw on an ad in
a skyway in Heathrow, which makes it true).

I’m stateside (east cost) as well for a week or so, so won’t be bloat-ing. I
got here just in time for the latest nor’easter, making it my second extended
power outage and second thundersnow this season (0.07% of snowstorms have
thundersnow, so yeah.) Spent last night burning tomato soup over an open indoor
fire made with wood stolen from a closed suburban grocery store. Will go pay
for that.

More importantly, will there be another effort to upstream Cake? If so, I could
offer some help when I return if it’d be useful. I was in the middle of
re-configuring my lab and servers when I left.