It could be done in a hack in the current code by modifying the code
that parses plugins.xml to automatically load and start battery
monitoring if the battery plugin is found.  Is that what you were
thinking Simon?

Problem I have with basing it off of plugins.xml is that the
application may only want battery monitoring for a limited time and
not always on.  With the latest spec though I don't see another way
around it.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Filip Maj <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I think the best way to handle the battery drain from constantly
>>monitoring the battery (that irony right?) is for us to handle it in
>>the configuration files. If application developer doesn't want to
>>monitor the battery level, and that is a pretty specific piece of
>>functionality, that they should remove the line from plugins.xml,
>>plist, etc.
>
> ... And so discussion turns back to plugins. :)
>
> That's predicated on the unified JS project and figuring out a (probably)
> package.json-based config/description file for plugins. Worth discussion
> in its own thread, I think.
>

Reply via email to