Yes, to what everyone said.
When I program for techno I try for specific 8 +8 counts throughout the dance
or 4+4+8 in a phrase.  I've found that the 4+12 ct of a Balance and swing is
usually cut short or a flowing phrase of an allemande/star promenade/butterfly
whirl gets interpreted differently by each dancer.    Keep the dances easy and
intuitive...dancers want to groove and not think too much.

When calling a techno, I've found that I have a mental metronome of 8 counts
running through my brain in the background the entire night.  It's super easy
to lose your place (and the dancers as well) especially if the music is a
thumpy beat and not phrased at all.
I've also found techno to be mentally tiring (because of keeping track of the
counts), and if the room is dark, visually challenging because you cannot see
the end of the lines easily.

Bring a light for your cards in case the organizers haven't provided enough
light on stage.  A simple book light might be helpful, but make sure it doesn't
"peek" over your notes or it will be in the dancers eyes.

Donna
Web Site:  donnahuntcaller.com
Email: dhuntdan...@aol.com
Cell:  215-565-6050