From: callers-boun...@sharedweight.net
[mailto:callers-boun...@sharedweight.net] On Behalf Of David Millstone
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:48 PM
To: call...@sharedweight.net
Subject: [Callers] Callers' workshop

Dear fellow dance callers,

I have an opportunity coming up next spring to lead a day-long workshop for
dance callers. It'll be a small group, perhaps 10-12 people, with a range of
experience. Some will have had only 2-4 years of active calling while others
may
have had 20 years or more. These will be folks who are comfortable with
contras
and with traditional squares. They will know each other already. They're
open to
a wide variety of topics and teaching methods.

I've been invited to address just about any topics that are near and dear to
me,
so I'm relishing this prospect.

At the same time, I'd like not to spend an entire day on a soapbox. With
that in
mind, I'm soliciting opinions from this group-- rather than, say, the
trad.dance.callers listserv-- because this Shared Weight group includes some
callers on the less experienced end of the spectrum.

So, what are topics that _you_ would like to see in a workshop? Assuming
that
one already has the nuts and bolts of programming an evening, teaching a
dance,
and delivering the calls in good fashion, what skills would be useful to
address?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

David Millstone
Lebanon, NH