On 9/12/2013 12:16 AM, Colin Hume wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:32:21 -0700, Kalia Kliban wrote:
I'm also careful about repetition, and keep track not only of what
I've called recently but what I've called before at any given venue.

That's where callers need my Dance Organiser - download a trial copy
from    http://www.colinhume.com/download.htm

As you add dances to your programme it will tell you the last time you
called them and the last time you called them for this group.  You can
also filter the dances on "Not recent" to make sure you don't even see
some dances in the list to choose from, and "Not this Org" to make
sure you give the crowd a totally different programme.

I know Kalia has downloaded a copy, but I suspect she's not using it
or she would be asking me more questions!

It's true, I haven't had the time to mess around with it for months. It looked really promising, though. I've been keeping dance logs in a variety of different ways, an Excel spreadsheet for my contra programs and a Word document for my ECD programs, and it mostly works ok. I'm starting to feel a need for a searchable database for the dance notes themselves, though, and since I call both ECD and contra I need something that can speak both languages. Caller's Companion is very well set up for contra but doesn't (yet) have the vocabulary for ECD (though I know Chris Page re-tooled a copy of it for that purpose). I need to spend some time getting past the learning curve for Dance Organiser, and will report back. Thanks for the reminder, Colin!

Kalia