Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:46:24 -0700
To: callers@lists.sharedweight.net; callers-requ...@lists.sharedweight.net
Subject: Re: [Callers] Novelty & Gimmick Contras
From: callers@lists.sharedweight.net

I take issue with the term "gimmick." Using familiar moves in new ways is IMO
called "good choreography." If one defines using existing moves in novel ways
as "gimmick," basically every use of petronella turns and waves after
"Petronella" and "Rory O'Moore" is a gimmick.

Originally had a long list of dances, but then i saw "easy" in Rich's original
ask, so pared down:

"Anthem to a Pet Ferret" by Sargon de Jesus may be of interest

"A Sure Thing" by Chris Page is challenging to teach but not actually
challenging to dance

also do si do and swing the one behind offers a simple but fun twist. U can
find it in Tom Hinds' "Python Reel" and Rick Mohr's "Leave the Wine"