-- Alan Winston

On 10/10/16 9:57 AM, Robert Livingston via Callers wrote:
Millstone or "windmill" - term I've seen used in print for older Canadian dances.

Bob Livingston

*From:* Angela DeCarlis via Callers <callers@lists.sharedweight.net>
*To:* Jacob or Nancy Bloom <jandnbl...@gmail.com>
*Cc:* callers <callers@lists.sharedweight.net>
*Sent:* Monday, October 10, 2016 12:45 PM
*Subject:* Re: [Callers] Wrist-Lock Stars

I've never heard "millstone" or "mill" before, but it sounds like it has precedence. My guess is that it was (is?) a useful term at dances where hands-across stars are default. Since that isn't generally the case in many places any longer, it makes sense that "hands-across" has become the more useful modifier.