Really Angela?  Huge numbers are offended by "gents/ladies"?  I'll happily call
with whatever the community uses, though I may avoid a community using
lead/follow as I think it perniciously encourages passivity in half the
dancers, which I object to.  And I was vocal in earlier discussions about
positional calling being a preferable alternative.  (Alan, I'll get back to you
about short calls).  But where are the stats?  I believe there may be some
objectors.  And some who support them.  But vast numbers?  Clear majority?
Don't see it.  I'm willing to be wrong, but I call all over the country and
have not seen this.
-Andrea

Sent from my external brain