On 2018-06-13 10:54 PM, Jacob or Nancy Bloom via Callers wrote:
Does anybody call Show of Hands by Melanie Axel-Lute?  I have the first figure as neighbor allemande right once around in eight beats, which is enough time to go twice around.  Is there some reason the extra time is necessary?  Or should it be twice around?

In Melanie's collection "One Good Turn Deserves Another",
the A1 of "Show of Hands I" is given as:
    Neighbor allemande right once (8)
    Women allemande left 1 1/2    (8)

The notes say:
   "The timing of the A part is loose. Good for
   groups with lots of beginners or slow-movers."

-Michael