Back in the 1980's, when I first encountered dances with this figure, the term "Box Circulate" hadn't been coined as far as I know. I've only been hearing that term fairly recently (which could easily be 10 years or more I suppose, I don't know when it was first used). Back then the term I heard most often for this figure was "Rotate". The original poster was asking for a term to use while calling that was a bit less cumbersome than "Box Circulate" or even "Circulate". Going back to a more compact term used in the past seems like a reasonable idea.

Jonathan