Alan,

You raise an interesting question.  After I’ve had time to sleep on it, I’ve
come up with some other issues to raise and.discuss.

I’m curious if you have a beginning workshop before the dance.

In my opinion the skills needed for a new dancer to not only survive their
first dance but to actually enjoy it are many   And that means having a
beginning session that approximates as close as possible the dance itself.

In your email you mention larks and ravens.  If you do have a beginning
workshop, are the newbies given the opportunity to practice/react to their new
titles?   Not having that opportunity to practice reacting to their new titles
may cause a bit of confusion on the dance floor.

Tom