staniek added a comment.

In https://phabricator.kde.org/D362#7062, @kossebau wrote:

> Hm, moving checking for required packages into the subdirs and thus after
> calculating which products can be built or, if internal dep, should be built
> breaks the concept of the current productset system. So for now I would like
> to veto this patch.
>
> So let's see what you actually want to fix here. I see at least 2 problems
> where I agree that they should be handled:
>
> - external deps is checked for even if none of the products that are built
> need it
> - when explicitely requesting build of a certain app (e.g. by
> PRODUCTSET=kexi) a missing required external dep does not make the
> configuration fail, other than expected
>
>   Are these also your concerns? Any other? If so, I have something sketched
> in the back of my mind I could brush up and then propose as alternative and
> integrated solution.

Yes, these concerns, and also you can see here a preparation to moving kexi to
kexi.git. Some checks will go with Kexi.

This change minimizes dependencies, it's much easier to provide dependencies
now for a smaller part of Calligra or a single app. I know this can be done
entirely using calligra_drop_product_on_bad_condition(), right?

Finally, are there parts of the patch that you can approve?

REPOSITORY
  rCALLIGRA Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D362