On Mon, 30 May 2016, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

To be more precise:
do you expect people being able to install Krita3 next to Krita2.9? I guess no, given the conflict at least when it comes to executable name (and menu entries).

Well, no.

So this is about being able to install Krita3 next to e.g. Calligra Words2.9 or Karbon2.9, right? So where do you expect problems here, where would/could things installed clash, assuming at least the krita app program has been put into a separate package?

Yes -- I haven't tested it, but I expect problems there. Because, well Murphy.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org